Info Forum Sign Up! Contact
Landemonium
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 My friends worried parents 
Foamy-mouthed Gamer

Post My friends worried parents
Hey guys,

My friends parents have suddenly become worried of his safety at landemonium

My friend is 16, and would not be the one driving (our other friend, soon to be 17, would be driving)

We've explained that there will be many people over 18 at the party, and there is a strict set of rules we have to abide by

If Ryan or some other admin (or even a landemonium veteran) could explain some more about landemonium, and the place we will be in (although we have tried), and how LANdemonium is a community of people that (besides the new comers every year) know each other well

thanks for any effort in helping persuade my friends parents that LANdemonium is a fun, safe, gaming event.

-clay

Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:32 pm
Profile YIM
GET EM WITH THE BACK SMACK

>At the LANdemoniums I've been at no one has ever gotten hurt or seriously mad at each other. Just don't run around because of the network and power cords :P

Q3A kill message: HAY YOU JUST KILLED SOMEONE, HAVE FUN BEING KILLED NOW SINCE THIS MESSAGE IS HUGE

When was the last time you had someone log on to your server and say anything other than "LEWL LUCKY BLANKET COUNTERSPELL FGT"?

Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:07 pm
Profile WWW

be afraid of the icon kids. Were all wholesome gamers.. we sit quietly at our desk playing..they on the other hand sing horrible karaoke and dress as vampires.

On a more serious note, ryan and jesse are great people and have been doing this for many years. I have never seen one problem besides power and internet issues. This is a great way to meet people your own age who have the same interests in a safe environment.

This should sum everything up.
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=7KGMaTpUeLU[/youtube]

Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:44 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Insane Gamer

lol thats about funny as Trailor park boys

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:17 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Also there is always a "senior member" there. I was up for 37 hours making sure people didn't steal PCs and everyone was safe. I have parents that worry too, even though I am 23 and live in another town. The best thing to do is assure them that people your age could be doing a lot worse than going to a LAN.

Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

In the ~5 years we've been doing LANdemonium, we have never had an incident of anyone getting hurt or anything getting stolen.

As Ryan says we have some one there 24/7.

We'll be at the Crowne Plaza in our own room. Once it starts getting late and it looks like everyone is settled in we shut the doors to our room and only people who belong at the lan are allowed in.
If we were to ever find anyone doing something they shouldn't be at the lan, we would eject them immediately.

Like Ryan said, there are a lot worse things out there for a 16 yr old to be doing then playing computer games in a nice hotel with his friends :)

Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:19 am
Profile WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]